Yes vs. I am

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Fri Mar 24 19:47:01 UTC 2006

Coincidentally, I was at a court hearing just the other day and caught myself
using "I am," "I understand,"  "I have been informed," etc. rather than "Yes,"
was for explicitness and variety and to show that I was answering the question
that was being asked.  On the other hand, maybe it *was* to advertise my
membership in the educated class.
--Tom Kysilko