Asimov Quote?

Bonnie Taylor-Blake taylor-blake at NC.RR.COM
Mon Nov 20 20:41:34 UTC 2006

I understand that the following is frequently attributed to Isaac Asimov:

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

Trouble is, despite some searching, I've not been able to track down a
source for it.  I'd like to check his _Book of Science and Nature
Quotations_, but I don't have ready access to this work.

Any clues as to whether this is something he observed?

-- Bonnie