[Fwd: ads visuals archive? (was: jesse in the news)]

Tue Oct 31 19:03:57 UTC 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 8:16 AM, Terry Irons sent us a:

> Forward from Dennis Baron:
>
> ... BTW if anybody else has good language cartoons for class, or other
> visuals, as I suspect many of us do, it might be nice to gather and
> share them in some fashion.

Language Log posts relevant cartoons pretty frequently, and they're
all in the archives.  meanwhile, the ALL group at stanford has an
assortment of cartoons involving intensifier and quotative "all".
and i have some relating to other topics i've worked on (reversed
"substitute", cliches, playful word formation in -((o)r)ama, etc.).

> Allan, what about an ads committee to put together a visual materials
> collection on the web?

i think this would be a great idea.  are there copyright problems?

arnold, suspecting that the answer is "yes"