"Kitchen table "

Tue Sep 12 13:27:57 UTC 2006

IMO, the kitchen table has, through time, been the
place most financial and other business gets gets
done, not simply discussed, by the working class
family.  This is perhaps a waning image as every
McMansion now seems to include a home office.

To me, kitchen-table issues are issues that affect the
pocketbook and well-being of the "typical" family.
When I read or hear of "kitchen table" scenarios, I
picture the kitchen table spread with the bills, bank
statements, and other documents of family economics
and the parents discussing how to make ends meet.

http://mail.yahoo.com