eriadite

Tue Dec 4 00:53:15 UTC 2007

TVR's "Worst Words" websites alerted me to "eriadite" for "erudite".
i've heard this before, but hadn't seen it spelled.

a very small number of hits, among them:

'South Africans are Wan-kers' is about as eriadite as I've heard at
the cricket. That, and a lot of these drunken morons seems to think
that the harshest ...
blog.radioactiveyak.com/2005_12_01_archive.html

I wish you well and if you ever get to the sophisticated more eriadite
part of the USA (Massachusetts), you have a free lunch!
www.shenoalawrence.com/portfolio/letters.htm

His drugs finally kicked in. He's eriadite, credible and I nominate
him as the "MOST LUCID" vIKIng fan we know, Blade.
www.coolercrew.com/archive.php?location=254608640&start=98&display=20

I must run again to teach, but as there have been some fairly eriadite
posts on this topic, i will add my $2 (inflation+tax) later when i
have some time. ...
www.shekki.net/FORUM/upload/lofiversion/index.php?t135.html

i'm assuming here that the pronunciation with [i(j)@] instead of [j@]
-- a kind of breaking -- is modestly common, but that most of these
people think this is just the way you pronounce the word spelled
"erudite".  it's nice that we get *some* written evidence of the
pronunciation.

arnold