2008 season of Wordsmith Chat

Wordsmith.org words at WORDSMITH.ORG
Fri Dec 28 02:07:15 UTC 2007

Wordsmith Chats are live events where you can get to talk with the invited
guests and ask questions on topics related to words, languages, and beyond.

We kick off the 2008 season of Wordsmith Chat with the following authors.
More details at http://wordsmith.org/chat

Charlotte Brewer, author of "Treasure-House of the Language: The Living OED"
  Chat topic: The Making of the Oxford English Dictionary
  Sat, Jan 19, 12 noon Pacific (GMT -7)

Seth Lerer, author of "Inventing English"
  Chat topic: The Journey of the English Language
  Wed, Feb 6th, 7pm Pacific

Ben Yagoda, author of "When you catch an adjective, kill it"
  Chat topic: Friend Me, Pimp My Ride, and Signage: Or, the Ever-Changing
        Parts of Speech
  Wed, Feb 25, 6pm Pacific

Michael Erard, author of "Um...: Slips, Stumbles, and Verbal Blunders, and
   What They Mean"
  Chat topic: Verbal Blunders and What They Mean
  Mon, Mar 17th, 6pm Pacific

All events are free. For more details, please see http://wordsmith.org/chat

--
Wordsmith.org - the magic of words