Radiator

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Sat Jan 13 12:44:59 UTC 2007

I'm reaching way back in my memory here, but I seem to recall that folks
in Toronto in the late fifties/early sixties called the large metal
object in each room that circulated hot water and warmed the room the
[raed] (i.e to rhyme with glad[iator]).  'Put it on the [raed]', folks
would say.  But, like Wilson, I'm going on distant memories, and can't
document this at all...

Geoff

--
Geoffrey S. Nathan
Department of English/Computing and Information Technology