noncents

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Nov 1 01:29:07 UTC 2007

>palo alto has a pile of upscale restaurants, and a fair number of
>them have prices listed in whole dollars.  one (the California Cafe)
>seems to have everything in quarters (7.00, 7.25, 7.50, 7.75, 8.00).

If they wanted to be really hip they could use fractions.

I must say that James Landau's instance is the first time I've heard
of menu items to one decimal place of a dollar, and it almost
surprises me that it's the first. Dollars-only prices are common
enough at the upscale restaurants around here, but not normal for the
cheaper ones.

James Harbeck.