New "lumpkin," "girney"

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Wed Nov 21 15:22:36 UTC 2007

A graduate student tells me that "lumpkin," as the term denotes a particular sex act, has a synonym "blumpkin"--which also enjoys several UrbanDictionary attestations. The UrbanLexicographers can be very precise in their illustrations: "That New Jersey hooker gave me a blumpkin and a scorching case of genital warts for $3.62."

Regarding "lumpkin" as a term of endearment for a child: Could it represent a blend--perhaps of "lambkin" and "pumpkin" (or "love" and "pumpkin")?

--Charlie