Pro Bono Publico and Constant Reader

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Mon Aug 18 02:48:37 UTC 2008

I'm really embarassed at asking the list for help on this, but the terms are so common, I can't find what I want.

What I'm looking for is "who" used these as pen names in the 19th century, in writing to/for Harper's, Leslie's and others.  (I'm making the leap that they "were" indeed used as pen names by someone.  Perhaps they are merely anonymous signatures)

Just don't ask me how this relates to the subject of my research, Jerry Thomas, who was the world's greatest bar-tender.

Sam Clements