Lightning chess

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Feb 4 18:03:52 UTC 2008

I agree with Benjamin, although not from personal experience, that
lightning chess would be with a short time for each player, not per
move; that would fit the operation of the standard analog chess
clock.  (Not being of the modern world, I don't know if there are
(electronic) chess clocks that can limit time per move; they would
certainly also have to keep track of total time per player.)

Benjamin wrote in his first message
>Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_chess) confirms that
>playing with time per player is not the most common form of lightning chess.
Is there a typo here, and what was meant is "time per *move* is not
the most common"?

Joel