Truespel Spam

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 5 01:26:07 UTC 2008

At 7:14 PM +0000 2/4/08, Tom Zurinskas wrote:
>This is a wonderful open minded forum.  It's American.  I'm a dues
>paying member of the
>ADS and glad to participate.  I focus on phonetics and merely
>mention truespel to point out  that I do have expertise in this area
>having respelled the English language phonetically.  Not only that
>but I've done analyses of the frequency of phonemes in relation to
>their tradspeleeng (letter strings that spell phonemes).  I assume
>the ADS is the place to be to lead with ideas.
>
>As far as what you say is "hospitality and good will here" take a
>look at past emails directed at me.  Where I offer opinions and
>attack no one, I've come under personal attack frequently.  I've
>been called a troll, crank, ignorant, non-theological, and now you
>call me a spammer.  Check the emails as to hospitality.

I have been holding this in for a long time, and have taken the -- for me,
extremely rare -- step of killfiling Tom Zurinskas's emails so as not to be
unnecessarily irritated by his ignorant blatherings. But, of course, I see
them when others quote him, and for me this is the last straw.

I believe that Mr. Z. said that he works for the FAA. If I were doing in his
field what he is doing in ours, it might sound like this:

"Good afternoon, passengers, this is your pilot, Mark Mandel. Well,
actually, I don't have a pilot's license, or any of the nonsense they call
flight training. But I've watched planes fly overhead all my life. I've
spent time at airports watching them take off and land. I've even sat in
cockpits a few times. So I know all that needs to be known about flying, a
lot more than those people who have pieces of paper that entitle them to
wear uniforms or sit in offices and say that I don't know what I'm talking
about.

"As soon as we're in the air I'll put the plane on automatic pilot and come
down the aisle so you can buy some of the great books I've published on how
flying and aircraft control should be done. People *have* bought these from
me before, so no one can say I'm not a flight professional.

"Enjoy your flight.

"(Now, let's see, where's the gas pedal on this thing?)"

Mark A. Mandel