cot/caught/Don/Dawn

Rebecca Shapiro shapiro.becca at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 2 13:59:20 UTC 2008

One reason I have been happy to move back to the East Coast (New Jersey--and
absolutely no irony intended) is that I have fewer instances of
misunderstanding or being misunderstood. (I likewise no longer have to
endure my students asking me to say the name of the fruit that is also a
color, or the caffeinated morning beverage, and then laughing uproariously.)
But my partner, who lived in Kansas as a child, has a friend named Don and
another named Dawn. He pronounces both "Don," which gets very confusing and
disconcerting sometimes.
--
Rebecca Shapiro (&*)
201.456.7924