cot/caught/Don/Dawn

Wed Jul 2 14:18:20 UTC 2008

On Jul 2, 2008, at 6:59 AM, Rebecca Shapiro wrote:

> One reason I have been happy to move back to the East Coast (New
> Jersey--and
> absolutely no irony intended) is that I have fewer instances of
> misunderstanding or being misunderstood...

we went through this topic at some length back in december 2007, in a
thread that started with occurrences of "sot after" for "sought
after" (in print as well as speech) and moved through various
entertaining examples, including "George Bernard Shah" in print.

you can find the thread in the archives by searching on the subject "a
home for drinkers".

arnold