rainbow party

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 14 19:14:37 UTC 2008

Not in OED:

1886 in William Least Heat Moon _PrairyErth_ 516: In response to invitations to a rainbow party, about thirty friends gathered at the home of Mr. and Mrs. H. Collett, at Elk, on Friday evening, February 28.

1907 _Dame Curtsey's Book of Novel Entertainments for Every Day in the Year_ (Chicago: A. C. McClurg) 41: A Rainbow Party....[A] dear mother ever on the alert to give her children pleasure evolved this really beautiful party....When all had assembled they found a huge rainbow spanning the large living-room. [Etc., etc.]

1922  _The Eleusis of Chi Omega_  XXIV 364: Our patronesses entertained us at a farewell "Rainbow Party" the last week of college. We gave a "strawberry breakfast" to our seniors, Estelle and Frances.

2002 Dandi Daily Mackall _Rainbow Party_ (Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress).

JL