[ADS-L] "fact" again

Mon Jul 14 17:38:46 UTC 2008

The sentence is just some kind of awkward syntactic blend. I think "fact"
merely means "fact." The meaning is just, '... had not ruled out [it being a]
fact that the ads were fake."

Compare:

... police had not ruled out [it being] the prince that had spiked the punch

In a message dated 7/14/08 11:02:59 AM, wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM writes:

> BBC thinks it means "possibility":
>
> 2008 http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7503519.stm (July 12):
> The classified ads site also appears to be a place where those needing the
> services of a killer might go....Police spokesman Miguel Amelio...told the
> Reforma newspaper that police had not ruled out the fact that the ads were fake,
> but all were being investigated.
>
> JL

Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music