Heard on The Judges: "dillinger"; "baby's mother"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 15 14:03:57 UTC 2008

Forty-ish, black, female speaker:

"She told my probation officer that I had a _dillinger_ [dIlInGr] in my house.

_Dillinger_,  i.e. the name of the famous criminal, is the standard BE
term for the small, two-barreled, two-shot, over-under pocket-pistol
otherwise called a "derringer" [dErInGr], whose design was ultimately
derived from the design of a small, originally single-barreled pistol
designed by Henry Deringer of Easton, PA, ca.1852.

Twenty-ish, black, male speaker:

"I wasn't there. I had went over my _baby's mother house_."

Close, but no cigar.

-Wilson
-----
 -Sam'l Clemens