He has discerned the Light

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jul 17 22:27:05 UTC 2008

Chase Hilgenbrinck, a New England Revolution defender, in a release
on his decision to retire and enter a Catholic seminary in Maryland:

"After years of discernment, I feel strongly that the Lord has called
me to become a priest in the Catholic Church.  Playing professional
soccer has been my passion for a long time and I feel blessed to have
successfully lived out this dream.  My passion now is to do the will
of God, which is wanting only what he wants for me.  Though I will
miss the game of soccer, I know that I am moving on to something much greater."

Wouldn't one have years of something else -- contemplation? thought?
-- before arriving at an instant, a moment of discernment?

Boston Globe, July 17, C2/3.

Joel