Solids and wetness - euphemisms

Sun Jun 8 06:20:46 UTC 2008

I've been trying to work out the difference between accident and
wetness/solids, but I can't. As far as I can tell, the euphemism
"accident" requires a change of pitch to get the intended meaning;
otherwise, your interlocutor believes there really was an accident. So
it seems like "accident" is the same as "problem," though "accident"
doubtlessly has many more citations and a richer history.

I sure agree that you need a diaper context to get wetness/solids, but
is this simply an issue of frequency or is there something more
important at issue?

BB