Chinese character test

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sun Mar 2 17:37:17 UTC 2008

> ?j?a��A?n!

I got gibberish. But that's because of my obsolete E-mail client, which
I have now replaced with a Unicode-compatible program.

Now I can read all my Russian and Chinese spam! ... well, at least
perceive the words.

The character test worked OK according to the ADS-L on-line record:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0803a&L=ads-l&D=1&F=&S=&P=1995

Let's see whether this will fly:

If it's OK at the ADS-L Web archive, but illegible by E-mail, I think
the recipient might should choose "Unicode UTF-8" or something like that
in his E-mail program ... or get a better E-mail program (which I hope
I've just done).

-- Doug Wilson