that sucks

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Mar 28 14:38:50 UTC 2008

At 9:19 AM -0400 3/28/08, Dennis Preston wrote:
>That's what I was trying to say, and I suspect the timing is very
>similar, maybe early 60's for me.
>
>dInIs

...and if anyone was wondering whether
ambiguity-based puns in this domain were passé,
here's a subhead* in today's Yale Daily News
touting a review of "The Bank Job", which appears
from the review to be a movie "based on a true
story" featuring a British
bank-robbery-caper-cum-soft-core-porn-sexcapades:

Film
There are real jobs, and
then there are blow jobs.
Both suck, but does "The
Bank Job"? Ask Brian
Thompson. Page B6.

LH

*Did we ever figure out what those are called,
those brief mentions on the front page of a
newspaper section announcing and promoting a
particular article/column on an inside page?
It's not exactly a subhead, but what is it?