'Top Words from 2007': _hybrid_, _surge_, _climate change_

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Mon Mar 31 02:07:40 UTC 2008

Well, accept this from an amateur.

Paul Payack graduated from Bucknell in 1972.  He was a student of Dr. Robert
Beard.  According to what I could find, Beard was a professor of
Russian(which doesn't automatically make you a professional linguist, nor
would it disqualify you).  Dr. Beard,  authors a site on the Web as Dr.
Goodword.  http://www.alphadictionary.com/blog/?p=89

in which he appears to put down the numbers game that his pupil, Payack,
thrives on.

BTW, Payack lists in his biographies that he is a Harvard graduate.
According to
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:4LmhlyV_LeAJ:www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20060402-9999-1c02words.html+payack+harvard+graduate&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us
he "... earned a B.A. in comparative literature through Harvard University's
extension program.."

Whew!  If it's not some Irish linguist, it's another self-promoter.

Sam Clements