'Top Words from 2007': _hybrid_, _surge_, _climate change_

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 31 21:30:51 UTC 2008

> NPR's people aren't stupid or yahoos. It might be fruitful for several of us
> to write to them.

Main Entry: 1ya·hoo
Pronunciation: \ˈyā-(ˌ)hü, ˈyä-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural yahoos
Date: 1726
1capitalized : a member of a race of brutes in Swift's Gulliver's Travels who have the form and all the vices of humans
2[influenced by 2yahoo] : a boorish, crass, or stupid person
— ya·hoo·ism  \-ˌi-zəm\ noun

Strange entry here by my favorite word source, m-w.com.  Strange first pronunciation; I never heard yahoo pronounced that way.  Strange definition 2; because one could be boorish and crass while not being stupid.  They probably mean "and" stupid.

I thought the word "yahoo" was just a happy exclamation of western roots like yippee.  But that's not in the definition above.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

How well do you know your celebrity gossip?
http://originals.msn.com/thebigdebate?ocid=T002MSN03N0707A