Daub (Mud dauber)

Dave Hause dwhause at JOBE.NET
Fri May 16 02:55:37 UTC 2008

I'm familiar with a wasp called a mud dauber (and that's the only definition
in the NOAD by my chair.)  Where does a bird go by that name?  Species?
Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
Waynesville, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "Your Name" <ROSESKES at AOL.COM>

"Daub" includes dealing with liquids that way; but consider the bird called
a mud-dauber; it daubs a solid (tho somewhat moist) substance.

The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org

More information about the Ads-l mailing list