Generation ñ (enya)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 24 16:12:18 UTC 2008

At 10/24/2008 12:53 AM, Douglas G. Wilson wrote:
>Joel S. Berson wrote:
>>It seems I didn't go far enough, although I still
>>think Google Groups doesn't distinguish with vs. without tilde.
>-
>
>[Sorry, my previous message was incomplete.]
>
>Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Using Alt-0241 to enter the "ñ"
>(n-tilde), I'll try ...
>
>berson
>
>~900,000 claimed hits

Makes googling someone definitely seem worth the
time, doesn''t it?  :-)  I'll have to try finding some long-lost relatives ...

I no longer have a record of whether I tried with
or without quotes, etc.  But I'm getting results
similar to yours now, both with Groups and
Web.  That is, the quotes seem to force a
distinction between the accented and unaccented forms.

Joel