"Lehman"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Sep 15 18:21:51 UTC 2008

At 12:50 PM -0500 9/15/08, Matthew Gordon wrote:
>I just had a student paper that included the phrase "to put it in Lehman's
>terms". And, no, it was not a mispelled reference to the Indo-Europeanist
>W.P. Lehmann.

That's wonderful.  We used to have a character who regularly attended
our departmental colloquia and whom we referred to as "Mr. Lehman"
because he invariably began his (often incoherent) questions by
saying "I'm just a layman, but..."  Nice to see our Mr. Lehman (no
relation to Winfred *or* the Wall Street brothers) is apparently
alive and well...

LH