Very OT: woodchuck au vin

Alison Murie sagehen7470 at ATT.NET
Thu Aug 13 23:14:32 UTC 2009

I  can't remember how this happened to come up, but some years ago
there was a discussion on this list of the table characteristics of
various wild critters.  At that time I disparaged groundhog, having
found it disagreeable  the one or two times I had had it.  Now I must
retract that.  Our neighborhood is overrun with groundhogs; we have
trapped three since they awakened from their winter sleep.  We
exported the first two, but decided to eat the third.  It was
spectacularly good.  If you eat meat, try it  They are not an
endangered species!
AM