Very OT: woodchuck au vin

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 14 01:05:05 UTC 2009

Wood one say that the "au" is pronounced like "oh" or more like "awe" in French?

In thefreedictionary.com the "awe" sound I'm familiar with is the one spoken when you click the symbol by the word itself.  Not so much the ones spoken when you click the flags.

So what does woodchuck/groundhog taste like?

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Alison Murie
> Subject: Very OT: woodchuck au vin
>
> I can't remember how this happened to come up, but some years ago
> there was a discussion on this list of the table characteristics of
> various wild critters. At that time I disparaged groundhog, having
> found it disagreeable the one or two times I had had it. Now I must
> retract that. Our neighborhood is overrun with groundhogs; we have
> trapped three since they awakened from their winter sleep. We
> exported the first two, but decided to eat the third. It was
> spectacularly good. If you eat meat, try it They are not an
> endangered species!
> AM

Get free photo software from Windows Live
http://www.windowslive.com/online/photos?ocid=PID23393::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_PH_software:082009