ick [Was: to bogart]

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jul 17 01:10:45 UTC 2009

At 8:27 PM -0400 7/16/09, Wilson Gray wrote:
>My memory is the same as Alison's. Though I don't have much occasion
>to drink Ovaltine, these days - is it still being manufactured, even?
>- I actually liked the stuff a lot. I was still drinking it into my
>mid-twenties, at the least.

It better be, since it's still advertised all over the place, at
least on radio and TV:  Kid's voice shouting "More Ovaltine, please!"
The commercials assure us that "rich, chocolaty Ovaltine" is much
healthier than that other stuff (Nestle's Quik, I assume).  Sometimes
they add in other ingredients too for free:
http://www.boondockramblings.com/boondock_ramblings/2009/05/no-more-ovaltine-please-at-least-not-with-beetle-included.html

LH