pron. of just, etc.

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 1 16:31:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 10:31 AM,  <ronbutters at aol.com> wrote:

> Trying to explain phonology to TZ is like preaching to an anvil or
contradicting a parrot. I say give it up & maybe he'll go away. Matt's point
that some naïve lurker might be taken in by TD's erroneous postings made
sense to me at the time, but on reflection I doubt that a novice is going to
give any credence to a guy who spells "just" as "joost" (or whatever) and is
on a mission to save the world by a spelling system that would require
everyone to do likewise. The compassionate thing to do is just ignore this
poor befuddled soul**--and save ourselves a lot of useless effort.
<<<

** Most efficiently done by setting your mail program to discard anything
from him automatically. It sounds drastic, but consider it the analogue of a
mosquito net over your bed in malaria country

m a m