Toward more picturesque Congressional speech

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 2 15:02:13 UTC 2009

HDAS I naturally includes, s.v. "ass," the disapprobatory phrase "You
couldn't find your ass with both hands."

Cf.:

2009 http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/05/sec-overmatched/ (Feb.
5):

Rep. Gary L. Ackerman, a New York Democrat whose district includes a large
number of Madoff investors, said he was “frustrated beyond belief.”

“You've told us nothing today, and I believe that was your intention,” he
said, repeatedly interrupting the regulators as they tried to answer his
questions. “You couldn't find your backsides with two hands with the lights
on.”

JL