IPA in spreadsheets (was: antedating "hobo" 1885)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 29 10:08:33 UTC 2009

Lots of luck with your world of wingdings, Nathan.  Meanwhile there's a real world out there.  It doesn't do wingdings or Unicode.  In fact newspapers as well as the US Govt for phonetics use a workaround notation because academics have failed to provide a useful English friendly one.

I could care less (but don't) about your guesses.  supply them with data and your saying something.  Meanwhile check out IBM's Writing to Read system of the 80's.  Even k-1 kids can handle English friendly phonetics.

Do me a favor and retain your guesses to wingdingland where I hope they might do some good.

see truespel.com