delibility

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Nov 16 19:05:40 UTC 2009

Not having heard this, I didn't know Larry's asterisks meant the
*speaker* had stressed "delible"-- I thought it was his way of
marking the word.  That supports his analysis.  But I can see a
literate sports journalist -- the late Howard Cossell? -- calling
attention to the opposition of physical vs. psychological scarring --
to the quarterback who becomes jumpy about weighty blitzing defensive
players.  And not meaning evanescence of the physical mark.

Joel