Hot news perfect question

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton2 at BTINTERNET.COM
Tue Nov 17 15:56:29 UTC 2009

Serendipitously, moments after reading this post, I found myself, in the
process of transcribing an eighteenth century play, _The Prison Breaker_
(Anon., 1724), typing the following: (The speaker is "Blunder, an
Irishman".)

_Blun_.  Well And [?] where is this same _Sbeppard_?  I want to be after
seeing him, for they say he'll be hang'd soon, and then the Devil won't see
him.

Now isn't that a strange coincidence, my heart?

Robin Hamilton

(Looking again at the barely legible photocopy I'm working from, it's
possible the above should begin, ""Well _Ara_ where is this same ...")