OED Access question

Thu Nov 26 03:01:24 UTC 2009

Thanks, Jesse. The problem with Interlibrary loan is that they generally
will send only a copy of the newspaper article, and to do that they need to be
told what pages it occurs on. Headline and author are helpful, but (you are
right) they are not necessary if I can tell them exactly what pages I need
to see. The problem is that I don't know what "1977 ... May 33/2" means. Is
"33" the issue number and "2" the page number? If so, does the article
continue onto other pages (I'd like the full article)? Or is "33" the page number
and "2" the column number?

If there is simply one hardbound volume somewhere for 1977, then they might
send me the whole volume (I've asked for that; heard nothing so far). But
the records seem to indicate that most libraries only have this series in
microfiche, not bound volumes.