"Crip course"?! (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tue Apr 27 15:43:22 UTC 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Crip course -- not in OED

_Galveston [TX] Daily News_ 11/16/1917 p 3 col 1

"He denied that students take it as an incidental to fill in to get the
necessary amount of credits toward a degree, as it requires work, and is
no crip course." [Newspaperarchive]

James Aswell, "My New York" [syndicated column from Central Press]
_Berkeley [CA] Daily Gazette_ 10 Sep 1934, p 4 col 5
"But at Columbia she entered a "crip" course in photography for credits
-- and took it up as a hobby." [Google news archive]

I've also seen it called "snap course" and "gut course".