Language Police flunk teachers from Estonia to Arizona (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wed Jun 9 15:33:28 UTC 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

"WGAF" -- That's a new one on me.  Too bad that didn't make it into
Jesse Shiedlower's _F-Word_.

MORALE OF SCH'DY POLICE CRITICIZED
Times Union, The (Albany, NY) - Tuesday, February 7, 1989 p B4
Author: Marv Cermak Staff writer

"Councilman Albert P. Jurczynski held up a sweatshirt with the initials
WGAF on a sleeve at Monday's City Council meeting.

"If I said the initials stand for 'Who Gives a Darn' I'd be close,"
Jurczynski said."

Joel Redon, "Who Wrecked the Buffett?" _New York Native_; 2/2/87, Issue
198, p29, 2p

[refers to a gay bar in the East Village named WGAF]