Bumper Sticker: Chicken Little was right (antedating 1965 December 16) (1956)

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Mon Mar 15 12:01:46 UTC 2010

In our "modern proverbs" files, we have this:

<< Chicken Little (Licken, Lickin') was right.  1950  Max Steele, _Debby_ (NY: Harper, 1950), 270 (the protagonist looking up at the dark sky, which seems to have "split wide open"): "Smack-dab across the center of darkness was a band of sunlight. 'Chicken Little!' Debby whispered aghast. She had always known that Chicken Little was right; that the world would come to an end; that the sky would someday fall in on their heads." >>

--Charlie