Fw: [ADS-L] yoda as a generic

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed May 5 14:38:35 UTC 2010

At 10:28 AM -0400 5/5/10, Joel S. Berson wrote:
>At 5/4/2010 08:58 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>>"collaborator" comes closer than "traitor", but
>>extends to restaurant owners and linguistics
>>professors who don't qualify (for me, at least)
>>as quislings.
>
>Just how to restaurant owners and linguistics professors collaborate?
>
>Joel

The idea was that while we might be traitors, we couldn't qualify as
quislings, and whether or not we could be collaborators (in the
relevant sense) would depend on how elastically that concept is
viewed.  That being said, there are some restaurants with whose
owners I wouldn't mind collaborating, at least for a dinner or two.

LH