Bad Girls Ride Again

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 6 13:24:00 UTC 2010

This week's crop of the new and the hard-to-Google. And did I mention that
several of the Girls are Faustian illeists?::

"That is SO random f*****g bulls**t!"   [It's senseless; "so" is an
odd substitute for "such"; syntactical blending?]

"I'd never throw her under the bus! I'd never do her shame!" [Betray her.]

"T the f**k O! How ridiculous is THAT?!"  [Stop this silliness!; accompanied
by time-out gesture.]

"I'm the only BAD girl in this mother!" [Place.]

"I'm really butt-hurt that somebody in the house would touch something of
mine."  [Emotionally hurt.]

"Legalize Gay"  [On T-shirt,]

One young lady, from the Boston area, is a master of the creaky voice. In
fact, she sounds more like a creaky-voiced "Long-Island lockjaw" stereotype
than anyone I've ever heard. Her family is very wealthy.  My impression is
that the creakiness is largely an affectation to express utter disdain.
When she's emotional about something it diminishes, though it does not, I
believe,  disappear completely.  The creakiness comes mainly toward the end
of sentences. More research is needed. But not done by me.

Another designer T-shirt reads, "Don't Hate Me 'Cause You Can't Be Me."

JL