"Junges Girl mit Mama und Papa" [NT]

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 7 02:47:29 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> At 11/6/2010 06:56 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>>Precisely! That is exactly the feature of Japanese society - no
>>grammatical gender in that society's language - that makes it the
>>perfect exemplar of equality between the genders in words referencing
>>human beings in the English-speaking world.
>
> But not, of course, the perfect exemplar of equality between the
> genders in their treatment in the Japanese world.

Of course, you understand that that was meant as a blaste against the
current, stupid-assed, P.C. campaign that appears to believe, that if
you fuck up the vocabulary, grammar, and syntax of the English
language, The Siblinghood of Person Under The Parenthood of Deity will
miraculously obtain.

For example, on my original birth certificate on file in the archives
in the state of Texas it clearly states,

"Race of Child [i.e. your humble correspondent]: Colored"

Some fifty years ago, I had occasion to request another copy of my
birth certificate. On this later birth certificate, there appears no
kind of reference to race whatsoever. Does that mean that, if I went
back to Marshall, Texas, it would be my happy discovery that the
concept of "race" is now devoid of meaning, indeed, totally devoid of
content? That racism has totally vanished, right along with all of
that "Front Entrance For Whites Only, Colored Entrance Around Corner
In Rear; Whites Only; No Colored," signage? Surely, you jest! That's
why I find and have found, from the first instance of it that I came
across, the ridiculous appellation _African-African_ to be nothing but
right sorry. (Y'all know what I mean by this use of _sorry_, don't
y'all? If any of y'all don't, then y'all must be from the North.)

If I were to get a third copy of my birth certificate and discover
that "Sex: Male" was no longer to be found anywhere on that document,
then, would it mean that the
unwritten-but-everywhere-well-known-and-rigidly-enforced rules that
govern the conduct of women had ceased to exist or even were merely no
longer applied?

Hail, naw! To both of those suppositions.

Every time that I have to fight my way through some article that reads, e.g.

"Even though the experimenter may find that his results are first X,
she will later find that his results have become Y, whatever her
expectations may have been, according to his initial interpretation of
the data with which she has been working."

Way to go, P.C.

--
-Wilson
–––