Most Notable Quotations of 2010

Ronald Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 23 15:02:00 UTC 2010

And in support of the first reason, there has never been a time in history in which people did not think that the world was going to the dogs, the level of eloquence was getting scarcer, etc. But it also has a lot to do with what we define as "good," and a lot of stupid ones and inane ones continue, e.g., "History is bunk," "Tippicanoe and Tyler too," "Thus ever to tyrants!" "Let them eat cake," "Religion is the opiate of the people") as well as dumb apocryphal ones ("Other than that, how did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln").