Aunt; was Re: "Authentic pronunciation" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 7 02:45:23 UTC 2010

I have a sneaky suspicion that teachers are behind the awe-dropping.  Here is one confirmed instance of it.  The idea is to make the letter "o" consistently said as "ah".  This goes for moss, loss, toss, boss, cost, frost, dog and others.  But it's become more.  It's become a curse on the "awe" sound altogether, and it's been dropped from their foenubet (set of phonemes in a language), replaced by "ah".  Not right.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling