Chile

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 7 13:05:27 UTC 2010

I cannot remember a time when the usual pronunciation among people I heard
using the phrase (99.9% of them media people) was *not* "koo de grah."

So it's been around - speaking conservatively - for at least thirty-five
years, and in the most prestigious U.S. circles. (But perhaps the "blow of
fat" is what they meant.)

JL