sketched out

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 11 07:30:48 UTC 2011

Perhaps the same friend, perhaps another:

http://goo.gl/f2aJ0
> One of the last times Loughner and Tierney saw each other, a mutual
> friend had recently purchased a .22-caliber rifle. Until then,
> Loughner had never shown much interest in guns, Tierney says. "My
> friend had just gotten a .22, and Jared kept saying we should go
> shooting together." But Tierney and the friend who had bought the .22
> demurred. "We were sketched out," Tierney says, "and we were like, 'I
> don't think Jared's a good person to go shooting with.'" That was in
> February or March 2010. After that, Tierney didn't hear much from
> Loughner.

Damn sketchers!! Appears to be a local dialect. In any case, I thought
that the entire paragraph was worth inclusion, to indicate context more
fully.

Yahoo/AP updated the original story and replaced the content with new
information. That means that the original text John referred to is no
longer there. The original version can still be found at other sites.

http://goo.gl/zQaPb

http://goo.gl/qhzBu

http://goo.gl/82aMK

I doubt any of these will be permanent, but, at least, it extends the
life of the story. Unfortunately, the original AP story does not tell
who the "high-school friend" was, so it might have been the same guy. On
the other hand, the Mother Jones story is permanently in their archives
(although the link may change eventually).

     VS-)