Some London slang terms - origins? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Jul 11 17:15:06 UTC 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Does "yute" mean "youth"? as in a teen-age male?

If so, this term was a point of confusion in the 1992 movie "My Cousin
Vinny", in which a southern judge (Fred Gwynne) had trouble with the
speech of a NY lawyer (Joe Pesci).  Pesci said "youth", Gwynne heard it
as "yute", and hilarity ensued.