"deja moo"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jun 7 13:40:01 UTC 2011

Is it time for "deja moo" in the OED?  218,000 hits, and in Urban Dictionary.

Seems to go back to around 1997 in GBooks -- "The
feeling that you've heard this bull before." --, but I have not been diligent.

The 1798 "Cependant le Borée enfle tes voiles ,
et déjà moo cher Protésilas est loin." is a false positive.

And "deja moo-la" is different:  "Deja moo- la.
Grown men throwing billions at each other for
Paramount and a building where the windows pop
out. Wall Street still cashing in on our primal
optimism. So forget about feeling indigent. Come
join us at Les Celebrites. ... ".  (New York
Magazine - Jan 31, 1994 - Page 58, Vol. 27, No. 5.)

As is this:  "THE ROOKIES: Deja-Moo. Top two
picks Brian Williams of Minnesota and Bob Kratch
of Iowa added almost 600 pounds to an
already-beefy list of offensive linemen."  (The
Complete Handbook of Pro Football, 1989, Zander Hollander.)

Joel