deal

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Tue Jun 7 14:54:10 UTC 2011

> At 6:55 AM -0400 6/7/11, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>> Letterman last night said that Weinergate shows you should "never twitter photos of your deal."

thus recycling a joke from last year:

12/9/10 Late Show with David Letterman

Top Ten “Signs You’ll Never Be One of the Most Fascinating People of the Year”

... 1. Thought it was a good idea to text people photos of your deal.

 http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=26947

and earlier.  from Urban Dictionary on "deal":

[definition] it's a word with many meanings, and one of the best ones is that its another term for a penis. the word is especially used by talk show host david letterman, who often refers to the male apendage as a "deal" in his dirty jokes.

[example] on letterman last night, they had the top 10 craziest valentine card messages. one said, "i knew you were mine when you didn't laugh at the size of my deal." it's a funny way to make a cock joke.

by PaperClipper Feb. 12, 2008
  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=deal&page=3

also on Urban Dictionary:

[definition] to have a large penis

[example] yo check out my deal yo

by BigDeal Feb. 26, 2004
  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=deal&page=5

thus making expressions like "big deal", "a done deal", and "deal-breaker" entertaining.  similarly with references to the sizes of deals in sports, as here:

Vernon Wells [of the Toronto Blue Jays], on the other hand, has significantly underperformed relative to the size of his deal.
  http://www.sports-king.com/chicago-white-sox-vs-toronto-blue-jays-opening-day-tickets-434/

arnold