fun with negatives

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 5 18:16:39 UTC 2011

"For shit" is an intensifier--it seems perfectly sensible if you ignore it:

     Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean I can't drive.

You may be afraid of my driving, but it does not mean that I'm a bad
driver. In other words, my driving is NOT "worth shit" (or LESS, as may
be case in "for shit")--it's worth a lot MORE.

"I can't drive for shit" is the same as "I couldn't care less".

VS-)