"Luck out"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 16 00:33:39 UTC 2011

Here apparently is another "lucked out," adj. :

1942 _Time_ (Sept. 28) 56: The Press: Lucked Out ... If indestructible
Larry Allen's luck had indeed run out (his capture is still not
officially conformed), he could console himself with the knowledge
that his courageous efforts to get the news had made newspaper
history. ...[He had] two miraculous escapes from death. ...Allen is
the 18th U.S. correspondent ... to be taken prisoner on the job in
World War II.

This appears to be the only time Time has used th phrase.

JL